Department of Public Safety

Frequently Asked Questions

Are you "real" Police Officers?

Yes. The Public Safety/Police Officers employed by Central Georgia Technical College are certified police officers by the State of Georgia. Any person employed or appointed as a Peace (Police) Officer shall complete 20 hours of training as provided in Code section: Official Code of Georgia, Annotated 35-8-21 Training requirements for peace officers; as well as further training required by the Central Georgia Technical College Department of Public Safety. We are vested with the same authority as the members of your local police department.

What is the difference between a Public Safety/Police Officer and a Campus Security Officer?

"CGTC's "Public Safety/Police Officers" as stated above are Certified Police Officers by the State of Georgia and meet all necessary training requirements by the state.

CGTC "Security Officers" with the Department of Public Safety are employed to protect the people, property and assets of Central Georgia Technical College. They work alongside CGTC's Police Officers to ensure a safe and secure environment for all. Our Security Officers are uniformed and act to protect property by maintaining a high visibility presence to deter illegal and inappropriate actions.

How do I report an emergency or crime?

Immediately contact the Public Safety Department at your campus. All Public Safety numbers are listed on this website.
Be prepared to give:

I observed something that looked suspicious, what should I do?

CALL PUBLIC SAFETY. Explain what you saw and we will determine what course of action should be taken. Don't be afraid to call if you are unsure. It's always better to be safe than sorry. If you saw a criminal act take place, but wish to remain anonymous, you can submit a tip on our Report a Crime web page. All submissions are always 100% anonymous and confidential.


Phone Numbers

In an Emergency – 911
Dial 8-911
from any campus phone

Warner Robins – (478) 988-6993
Macon – (478) 757-3453
Milledgeville – (478) 445-2350

Crawford County – (478) 836-6001
Hawkinsville – (478) 783-3017
Jones County – (478) 986-4370
Monroe County – (478) 992-2717
Peach County – (478) 218-3739
Putnam County – (706) 923-5000
Twiggs County – (478) 945-2206